The City of Toronto and Toronto Transit Commission will be rehabilitating aging TTC streetcar track on Broadview Avenue at the intersections and between Gerrard and Dundas streets. Work will require full closure of the intersections. Signs will be posted ahead of the construction zone to direct vehicle and cycling traffic around the site. Some localized work is also included on Broadview Avenue between Gerrard Street and Hogarth Avenue.
Work is divided into two phases:
- Phase 1 – June 25 to July 23. Work will take place at:
- intersection of Broadview Avenue and Dundas Street
- on Broadview Avenue to south of Gerrard Street
- on Broadview Avenue between Gerrard Street and Hogarth Avenue (Localized TTC Track and concrete repair)
- Phase 2 – July 24 to September 8. Work will take place at:
- intersection of Broadview Avenue and Gerrard Street
This work will ensure renewed streetcar track is in place for TTC streetcars at busy intersections.
Motorists are reminded to abide by signs posted in local areas to ensure the safe travel of all local road users, pedestrians and cyclists.
Sidewalks on Broadview Ave will remain accessible and pedestrians will be able to detour around the work area. (To accommodate this work, the intersection will be completely closed to vehicle and cycling traffic for three weeks.)
This work is required to bring the track infrastructure to a state of good repair and will improve sidewalks for Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliance. This project is part of the Council-approved 2018 Capital Works Program.
The TTC will have a community office at the SEAS Centre (606 Gerrard St. E) to answer any questions and to ensure that construction goes as planned.
For more information visit www.toronto.ca/broadview-track.