Mayor John Tory and Deputy Mayor Ana Bailão, Chair of the Planning and Housing Committee, helped launch the City’s public consultation process for the HousingTO 2020-2030 Action Plan. The City is inviting residents and stakeholders to get involved and help shape Toronto’s housing plan for the next 10 years.
The Deputy Mayor also announced the creation of an external advisory committee made up of community members and organizations invested in meaningful housing outcomes for Toronto residents. The committee will help guide the consultation process and the development of the HousingTO 2020-2030 Action Plan.
The consultation process includes:
- public consultation meetings in April and May
- Toronto Community Housing tenant consultations in May
- stakeholder workshops in May – location, dates and times to be determined
- Indigenous community consultations – location, dates and times to be determined
- community-led consultations for groups that prefer to host their own consultations
- a housing forum on June 12 & 13 – times and locations to be determined
- an online questionnaire available at http://www.toronto.ca/housingplan
Public consultation sessions
The public is invited to provide input for the HousingTO Action Plan 2020-2030 in person at four public consultation sessions, which will take place at the following times and locations:
- Wednesday, April 10, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Scarborough Council Chamber, 150 Borough Dr.
- Thursday, April 18, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Etobicoke Council Chamber, 399 The West Mall
- Tuesday, April 30, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Metro Hall, Rooms 308/309, 55 John St.
- Wednesday, May 1, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., North York Council Chamber, 5100 Yonge St.
Toronto Community Housing consultation sessions
While Toronto Community Housing (TCHC) tenants are welcome to attend the public consultations, the City will offer also four TCHC-specific consultations at the following times and locations:
- Tuesday, May 7, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., 65 Greencrest Circuit (Cedarbrae Manor)
- Tuesday, May 14, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., 495 Wilson Ave. (Champlain Apartments)
- Thursday, May 16, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., 341 Bloor St. W.
- Tuesday, May 21, 1 to 3 p.m., 341 Bloor St. W.
The consultations will inform the City’s Action Plan, which will be presented to City Council in fall 2019. For more information, members of the public can visit http://www.toronto.ca/housingplan, call 3-1-1 or email email@example.com.
A backgrounder is also available at https://contrib.wp.intra.prod-toronto.ca/home/media-room/backgrounders-other-resources/city-of-toronto-rate-supported-budget-for-solid-waste-management-services/backgrounder-city-of-toronto-launches-public-consultations-for-housingto-2020-2030-action-plan/.