- This event has passed.
Community Environment Day (at Jack Layton Way)
September 14, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join Councillor Fletcher for Community Environment Day at Jack Layton Way by Bridgepoint Hospital on Saturday, September 14th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
You can drop off the following items:
- Small electronics including cell phones
- Printers and fax machines (do not bring ink cartridges or toner)
- Household hazardous waste
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Unused medications
- Oils, solvents and pesticides
- Sporting goods (e.g. skates, hockey equipment, bikes, rackets)
- Books (excluding school/university curriculum books)
- Eyeglasses, walking aids, hearing aids, etc.
- Small household items (e.g. dishes, ornaments, kitchen utensils, games, etc.)
- Textiles in good condition (e.g. clothing, linens, etc.)
- Musical instruments
- Arts and crafts supplies
- CD’s, CD cases and 35 mm cameras
- Non-perishable foods will be donated to a food bank
Please do not bring: Ink cartridges or toner, construction waste, air conditioners, garbage, wood, cassette and videotapes, commercial/industrial hazardous waste and scrap metal.
The shredding truck will be available and there will be free compost for pick-up – bring your own containers and shovel. Ward 14 Bikes will also be offering compost delivery by bike.
Local and environmental groups will be exhibiting, including LEAF, Danforth Reduces, Ward 14 Bikes, the Ralph Thornton Community Centre and the Toronto Public Library Riverdale Branch.