Although playgrounds are still closed during the COVID-19 pandemic, the construction of the new Kempton Howard Park playground will be going ahead as planned. You will see major construction in the park taking place this summer.
This is a big project and is a complete revitalization of the playground with:
- new play equipment with safety surfacing
- new wading pool with a seating wall as well as a small splash pad on the side
- new sand play area including a water jug filler
- new stairs and a second pathway
- new picnic table area
- new shade structure
- better seating and benches
- new armour stone around the playground
You will soon see Parks staff begin the removal of the existing equipment in advance of the construction start-date.
As long as the weather is good, construction will start in early June and continue through the summer. The project is expected to be finished in the fall of 2020.
It is great that so much of your feedback and your many great ideas could be incorporated into the final design. Once again, a big THANK YOU to everyone who attended the community consultations, filled in the surveys and emailed me directly with your ideas.
I hope that in the fall we will no longer need to practice physical distancing and can come together to open the park.
Click here for further information.